Getting Fit For Your Wedding
Gym Bunny is one of Ireland’s leading fitness and health bloggers. She has thousands of followers and she really makes the whole getting fit and healthy thing very understandable and motivating. It’s so hard to feel motivated at this time of year but she has given some really easy tips that make sense and will also guarantee success for you. I recently went for lunch with her and she put me to shame. I was horsing down a big dirty sandwich and she had this quinoa salad with all sorts of amazing veg and meat that I can’t even spell. She challenged me to taste it and I have to say, it was really good! She has great tips on her blog as well as recipe books. May I also add that I work with her and she works a good solid 50-60 hours per week and still has time to look after her well-being so she knows how hard it is to try and balance it all! It’s worth checking her out here!
Here is her guest blog to get you guys motivated…..GO TEAM!!!
So, firstly I’m VERY excited to be featured as a guest blogger for Irish Wedding Blog, as I am constantly getting asked questions on how best to whip one’s self into shape prior to the big day…
So generally, with our heart set in panic mode, we chose a dress that will fit ‘eventually’ and huff and puff until we fit into it, only to realise that size, really, isn’t everything. And actually, regardless of your shape and/or size, some wedding dresses only suit certain body types. End. Of. Story. So take this advice, and stop beating yourself up about such nonsense!
So… we have bigger fish to fry guys. We want to look and feel am-maz-ing on our big day. We want all eyes on us as we walk up the aisle, but for all the right reasons…But wait, we don’t want to look like someone who tried to lose weight, we want to look like a better version of ourselves, like we didn’t want to try too hard, but still have that healthy glow, right? Better still, we want a new plan that will become the ‘norm’ and one that doesn’t actually feel like a diet!
Here are few teeny tiny steps we can all do with taking on board, without dieting, without a hefty gym membership, and without even trying too hard…
1. Swap your tea and coffee for herbal tea- green tea is best
2. Try drinking lots of water- Carry a bottle in your bag- think 2-2.5l per day
3. Carry healthy snacks in your bag too- think almonds, nut butter on rice or oat cakes or humous and veggies
4. Sleep- yes naps, longer sleep-ins, you name it, the more shut-eye you get, the flatter your tummy will be!
5. Avoid nasty sugar cravings by eating regularly- think three meals and 2-3 snacks every day
6. Try walking each evening after work or after a day with the kids- even 20 mins of fast paced walking is ideal!
7. Three times a week, do a little HIIT at-home routine:
50 High knees
25 Jumping jacks
20 Lunges on each side
15 Crunches on each side
10 Fast punches as hard as you can
5 slow squats (to the count of 5 seconds down)
Take a minute break and repeat by 3 x sets!
Always do a light set as a warm-up and include some stretches too!
8. For breakfast, think high protein, such as eggs or lean meat and some fresh green salad with good healthy oils or avocado
9. For lunch and dinner, think lean protein like turkey, fish or chicken and lots of veggies, some quinoa or brown rice (with lunch only)
10. For snacks, think veggies and avocado or humous, turkey sausages, nuts and seeds
TREATS: give yourself one cheat meal where you can eat whatever you want, like pizza, pasta, or a wee glass of vino (but try to stick to just one glass!), perhaps some lovely dark chocolate, a trip to the cinema, you name it, you can have it, but bear in mind it’s just one meal and you do have an end goal in place. I’d avoid the cheat meal the last month. If you feel you are really having a craving, dark chocolate is your best friend- two big squares of 85% should do the trick with a nice big cup of green tea!
Now if you can even TRY and keep to this 70% of the time for the run up to your wedding- let’s say the last three months, you’ll feel lighter, you’ll look tighter and you will be happier, healthier and stronger…
Now, remember, no crash diets, no faddy diet pills, this is the first step to the next chapter of a long, healthy and happy life- and your health and fitness journey is just about to start…
Enjoy each and every step of the way,
Comments are closed