This is always a topic that causes great divide! Yesterday Brides Magazine UK published a blog with a letter from a viewer saying that after being to a friends wedding there was no way in hell she was having children at her wedding.
One side of the fence believe yes absolutely and to be fair I was the same for my wedding. In my eyes it was a day for the adults. But I have friends who are particularly close to nieces and nephews or who have kids of their own so it was without question that they were going to be a central part in the big day.
A friend decided to have a child free zone at her wedding and received serious back lash from both sides of family and some even turned down invites as they couldn’t get a baby sitter.
In my opinion, I think people need to respect the wishes of the bride and groom. I know a lot of people that attended my wedding that were only dying to have a night away to themselves!
What do you think?
If you decide to bring children to your wedding and want to make sure that they and their parents enjoy their day, here are a few tips!
1. Keep them entertained. There are some very low cost children’s entertainers that you can book from clowns to babysitters.
2. If you have zero budget, in a hotel I used to work in, we used to allocate one room and put in a TV and DVD, popcorn, cushions and colouring books…..stick on Frozen and we are laughing!
3. Give them a responsibility for the day – it could be by being part of the bridal party or helping give out mass booklets.
4. Try not to give them fizzy drinks all day, opt for jugs or cordial!
5. See if the hotel or venue can provide babysitters who will take the kids after the meal or first dance and bring them to bed and even have a pyjama party.
If you have any tips please share in the comment box below!
Comments are closed