I was recently invited to a wedding event in Galgorm Resort & Spa. Galgorm is located in Antrim and to be honest it wasn’t a location that was on my radar. When I thought of weddings up North I had 2 things that made me hesitant which included the change of currency and distance. After this visit both hesitations are not an issue anymore.
Here are my top ten reasons why you should take a look at Galgorm Resort & Spa as a potential venue for your wedding
- Venue: This venue is 4 star but it honestly feels 5 star. From the moment we drove up the avenue to setting my eyes on this simply stunning venue, I was blown away. There are 3 rooms where you can host your wedding which means that there are plenty of options to suit your needs. The décor is beautiful. The words opulent, contemporary, luxurious, rich and luscious spring to mind when I think of the rooms.
- Planning: There are 5 wedding planners….YES 5 Wedding Planners which means that you get a proper service. In most venues there is 1 and they are doing so many other jobs.
Packages: You can make your own package to suit your budget or there are some brilliant all inclusive packages that have everything included – car, cake, band and flowers…the works!
- Service: I’m one of those people that can’t go to a restaurant without finding some fault. It drives my friends and family mad. The good news here is that I couldn’t find a stone unturned. All of the staff were so friendly, helpful and well trained.
- Food: There are four dining options for general guests. I tried the Bar and the Italian Restaurant. Both are in what looks like a little village within the grounds. The food was sumptuous. There was plenty of variety. I also tried some of the wedding food and it was pretty good. There is a dedicated wedding chef team so everything is prepared to the highest of standards. Each ballroom has its own kitchen with team. Not to mention, they have won AA Rosette’s.
- Setting: It’s set on 163 acres of park lands. My favourite part is the river. You have so many options for your pictures. There are loads of nooks and crannies as well as a few mini waterfalls.
Your Guests: This is really a treat for guests. The rooms are so well furnished. When you stay you get free access to the Spa which includes usage of the outdoor thermal pool and hot tub. There are also aromatherapy steam rooms. The ladies can enjoy treatments before the wedding too.
- Location: As mentioned before, it took less than 2 hours to get there. From Dublin you go straight out the M1 to Belfast and then it is a short distance from Belfast. There is an airport nearby so if you have guests flying in it is handy.
- Cost: When I compared the prices to other four stars here and also applied the exchange rate, the price was pretty much the same as some four and five star hotels. The only thing is that you get so much more value in the price with the amount of extras in the packages.
Weddings are their core business: They are so focused on weddings in this hotel. Every single aspect of this venue centres on how it can add value to their wedding business. The restrooms have been designed taking in to account the needs of the female guests by adding full dressing room tables and large mirrors. In each ballroom the backdrop behind the top table is a mini waterfall which means that there is a stunning scene behind the bride and groom at all times! There is a bar in each ballroom so that guests don’t have to leave and the one thing I particularly love is that they don’t use normal banqueting chairs for guests dining.They have proper arm chairs and they look fabulous in the room. Their all-inclusive wedding packages take the stress out of having to book everything. The team are unbelievably particular and have hand-picked the best local suppliers to include in their packages. You literally won’t have to lift a finger!
I would highly recommend checking out this venue if you are looking for something a little bit special and different.
Here are some extra pictures from my trip!
Comments are closed