As if planning a wedding at home wasn’t hard enough, Karen and Pudsey had to do everything from Brisbane. Here is their story!
How they met:
They met in Brisbane whilst playing for the same GAA club called Easts Celts GFC. On the 26th of July 2009, cupid fired his arrow in the Pig n Whistle Pub. Poor Pudsey (Peter) was cut off at the bar (too drunk) and was sending Karen (his future wife) to the bar to order his drinks. They didn’t hang about and moved in together after 6 months.
5 years later on 4th October 2014 Pudsey popped the question on holiday at Mount Barney in South East Queensland. On the first day he insisted on hiking up the mountain, (Karen had zero interest but gave in!). 3 hours later Karen found herself on the edge of the mountain with Pudsey down on one knee. Some of their friends would say that Karen had no choice but to say yes since she was literally on the edge of the mountain!
As soon as family and friends got the news, it was full steam ahead. They had so much support in organising the wedding with having family on both sides of the water. They would admit that initially, they found it fairly daunting.
They started by looking for venues online. They fell in love with Carton House straight away (to be fair, how could you not!) Karen’s mum and sister (Moe) went to check it out and confirmed it was completely amazing. The next step was to decide a date. They very cleverly chose a date during the Christmas break knowing that their Irish/Australian friends would be home and able to attend.
Once the venue and date was set, the rest fell into place thanks their family and friends.
Karen and Pudsey delegated various tasks:
Bride: By Christine and Oliver Bowe!
Groom: By PJ and Jenny Maguire!
- Flowers – Interflora Trim
- Cars – AT&T Chauffeurs
- Cake – Amazing Cakes
- Cinematographer – Cathal Farrelly
- Hair – Claire Bruton
- Hen Weekend Ireland
Bridesmaid Sister Mairead:
- Hen Weekend Australia
- Wedding Budget
- Wedding Band – The Suite
Bridesmaid Sister Moe:
- Hen Weekend Ireland
- Church Decor – Ido Decor
- Bridesmaid dresses – Debenhams Jenny Packham
- Make- up – Mrs Makeup- Michelle Regazzoli-Stone
- HD Eyebrows – Alison Eiffe
- Nails – Champagne Beauty Dunshaughlin
Karen and Pudsey:
- Photographer – Elaine Barker Photography
- Groomsmen and pageboy Suit – Protocol for Men
- Dress and accessories – Paddington Weddings, Bertossi Brides
Brother of Pudsey Best Man – Donnocha Maguire:
- Invitations – Pointgraphics.ie
- Stag Ireland
- All of the last minute things like bringing candles, rings, booklets to church etc
- Playing pranks on Karen
- Keeping Karen calm
- Doing anything Karen asked right up until the last minute.
- Rory got married the year previously and Pudsey and Karen were so grateful for having him around in the days before the wedding.
- Brought Pudsey on an almighty session the night before the wedding for which Karen was soooo grateful for……(not)!!!!!!!!!
Some parting words from the bride;
“I could not have asked for more help in planning my wedding. I didn’t even see my flowers until the morning of the wedding and I absolutely loved them. Some people may not like the idea of this but for me it was perfect. The only advice I would offer other people getting married is to surround yourself by people you trust and love.”
Here Here! And now…….here are the pics!
Comments are closed