Whilst i have a lot of experience on the actual hotel side and operations of weddings, i was non the wiser on the process of actually booking your church, notifying the state etc.
Here is what i found out (this is applicable for the good oul Catholic Ceremony!)
1. Figure out what church you are going to get married in
2. Talk to that priest and ask him for available dates/times and if he is available to do the ceremony or if you need to bring your own priest.
3. Confirm the date and time and he will pencil you in.
4. If you or your fiance is from another parish you will need to get a letter of release from your parish priest. You just need to call them, tell them you need one and visit the office and collect.
5. You will need to notify the state 3 months before the wedding date – i am doing this 4 months before just to be on the safe side.
6. To book this appointment you can log on to: http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/bdm/crsappointment/
7. When you go to your appointment you will need the following:
A – €200
B – Both Passports
C- Original Birth Cert and A Photocopy
D – Utility Bill with Proof of Address
E – PPS Number Proof
F – Names & Dates of Birth of Both Witnesses
E – Name & Address of Priest
8. You should get a certificate which you need to hand the priest
9. You will also need to do your pre-marriage course
10. Your priest will also sit down and do the Pre Nuptial form with you.
I think thats it but if im missing anything please comment below!
Comments are closed