I have been at many wedding fairs over the last few weeks and in particular, The Wedding and Honeymoon Show at the RDS. I spent 2 full days presenting at it and had some time to walk the floor to see what’s hot on the list for weddings at the moment.
This is what I found!
- Foliage – Cascading green leafs are everywhere and it is pretty beautiful. I spotted so many table centrepieces with it and of course the IKEA table setting had the artificial version.
- Balloons – Yep fancy balloons are so hot right now!
- Vans – Whether you want Prosecco, Coffee, Beer, BBQ….. there is a van that will pull up to your venue and dish out the goods.
- Gold – Gold cutlery was on most displays and it is beautiful!
- Vintage – It’s still going strong
- Ice Sculptures – Yes the recession is over, Ice Sculptures for your wedding day are back!
- Plum – This colour is a big hit in grooms wear and guest wear. It was a big feature on the catwalk in the I Do School
- Great Outdoors – In line with our foliage, most decor I spotted was embracing the outdoors and bringing the garden inside. In flowers, there was an overwhelming amount of garden flowers present in table decor and bouquets. This might be the Meghan and Harry effect as their flowers were all sources fresh from Windsor Gardens. Hydrangea flowers were very present.
- Alternative entertainment – There were a lot more non traditional types of entertainment there and by that I don’t mean bands and DJ’s. I am referring to the extra pieces like magicians etc. The one that caught my eye was Ollie and Stephen’s Spectacular Events which is not only kids entertainment but they do the big overside games and fun for your wedding day.
- Charities – This time around I spotted so many great charities who offer favours or in Peita House’s case, Doves. It is a great alternative to favours.
I’ll be back soon with the trends spotted at the Harrogate Bridal Show. xx
Comments are closed