I am an absolute disgrace! I cannot believe I am only writing this now. It’s been all go since New York.
It was an unbelievable trip. I got to see some of the best designers and boutiques including Klienfeld Bridal…..living the dream. A highlight was definitely visiting Berta’s Privee show room and witnessing their newest collection.
In terms of trends, I think Europe is still a little ahead but there were some unique pieces. New York loves strapless gowns whereas Europe has a wider variety.
Some notable trends:
- Tailoring – between trouser suits, jumpsuits, skirt suits or even dresses with high tailoring. There was an abundance of strong sharp cuts.
- 2 Pieces – practically every designer has a crop top and skirt which we would have seen more of in London the year previous. A beautiful 2 piece I saw was by Lotus Threads, they had a stunning body suit and that could be matched up with Capri pants, palazzo pants or a big tulle skirt.
- Layers – I thought I knew layers…..that was before New York! They do layers beyond anything I’ve ever seen before. They don’t hold back and they like them big, fluffy and full of tulle. Total princess goals.
- Plunging Necklines – Very similar to Europe, the V cuts down the busy go right down to the bellybutton and in the majority of dresses, the cut at the front matches a huge v cut back. Most bodices like this are complemented by either a very slinky skirt or a big stunning tulle skirt for that extra bride.
- Sparkles….and make them big! I found in European houses that the sparkles are always quite subtle and dance in the light…..Whilst New York has this, they also had a significant amount with big bold beads. Large sequins, large crystals….yes you can supersize your beads!
- Drama – Well it would have been a wasted trip if there was none of this! Berta of course brought the drama. There were many designers that went big, bold and didn’t hold back on the shock factor!
- Capes – The sheer cape was a big hit, particularly with a slimming fitted dress under. You could have capes the length of a church right up to petite capped shoulder capes. It was all very Game of Thrones inspired!
- Feathers – This is a popular trend across the globe, much to my delight! Feathers is a must for every designer at the moment. I saw some gone very wrong and then some designed to perfection. If you are going with feathers, you have to go for the good stuff as feathers can look tired and cheap very easily.
- Skin / Illusion – Again, Berta we’re very prominent in this trend. Show it all off! Some dresses were made completely of illusion with some appliqués covering certain areas of the body….not for me but if you’ve got the bod rock it!
- Boho – It’s still very alive across the water and Watters and Chic Nostalgia are leading the charge here.
Enjoy some of my pictures before!
Comments are closed