Now this is an area that I am very passionate about as they have been my life line when i’m hosting events, at special occasions or my own wedding. It’s no big secret that shapewear can make or break an outfit. From accentuating your favourite assets to camouflaging our insecurities, shapewear not only makes us look great, but it can make us feel great. We’re past the days where shapewear meant pulling the ties of a corset as tight as you can go. Nowadays you can expect soft and thin fabrics which have all sorts of engineering going on under the hood. One thing that I get asked about a lot is the underwear that allows a bride to have an open back or strapless gown whilst also keeping everything in the right places as well as some going for lighter dresses that just want the right coverage underneath.
Thankfully, shapewear has also become very affordable with Irish retailers offering us solutions. I have bought all of my shapewear in mainly Arnotts & BT’s. For more budget solutions I have sourced a few pieces from Dunnes Stores.
Please note there are affiliate links within this article.
High Waist Briefs – Arnotts (Ideal for self conscious tummies for fitting skirts and dresses)
2. Nature Forming Dress – Arnotts (Ideal for smoothing out & sucking in for more fitted gowns)
3. Nude Bodysuit – Arnotts (Best for higher neckline dresses – engineered to left everything UP!
4. Open Bust Bodysuit – Spanx -Arnotts – (This scoops under the bust, lifts and smooths the torso and tummy)
5. Zero Feel Bodysuit – Arnotts (Higher necklines, lifts and smooths)
6. High Waisted Shaping Sheers – Arnotts (Flattened from below bust downwards and smooths out the thighs from any lumps or bumps in a fitted dresses)
7. High Waisted Thong – Arnotts – (Engineering personified! a thong pant which extends up in a smooth line and flattens the tummy)
8. Under Sculpture Corset – Brown Thomas – Ultimate in luxury. This trains the waist and gives an hour glass definition. Centres the waistline but flattens. Ideal for A-Line skirts where a small cinch at the waist should be achieved.
9. Stretch Bodysuit – Brown Thomas – A shapewear staple – smooths and sucks
10. Shaper Briefs – Brown Thomas – Sucks in the tummy but smooths out any lines. Ideal for light dresses.
11. Shaping Camisole – Brown Thomas – The complete shapewear item. Smooths out the chest while lifting and rounding the bust. Curves and cinches the waist while flattening and smoothing the tummy.
12. Shaping Lace Bodysuit – Brown Thomas – A very feminine look and actually looks like underwear! Works hard to lift and smooth the bust but cinches the waist and smooths out the tummy.
This for the more exposed top. This gives the coverage and lift for a plunging neckline but also has the scooped out back for backless gowns. It smooths the tummy and is seamless so no noticeable lines
14. Sculpted Shapewear – Brown Thomas – This scoops under the bust to lift and then slims the waist and smooths the silhouette.
15. Control Slip – Brown Thomas – This a light underwear which gives coverage for lighter dresses shape for a more controlled look.
16. Lace Trim Bodysuit – Brown Thomas – A feminine look where you can have the lace trim your chest look or smooth out the full bodice.
Comments are closed