One thing most bridal parties look forward to is of course, the big day out shopping for bridesmaids dresses. Even though there has been many shifts to online, so many still love the ceremony of going to a store as a team and trying on different styles and colours. Across the Island of Ireland, there are many quality boutiques that stock bridesmaid dresses. I have compiled a list of the boutiques currently selling bridesmaids dresses. The industry can change and one year a boutique may stock and then the next year they may not, so this article will of course change over time.
(Picture Credit – Covet Boudoir)
A few tips when shopping with your bridesmaids, whilst it’s important to keep an open mind, it is good to arrive at your appointment having done a good bit of research. A few questions to ask;
- Does the boutique stock the style you are looking for? There’s no point in rocking up and then realising that the style you really want isn’t there. It’s a waste of everyones time.
- Get an idea of price ranges, before you land, you want to make sure that the dresses will be in budget.
- You may have been looking at online retailers or high street and the dresses may be slightly cheaper than what you can expect. The reason being quality. The gowns that the boutiques stock are generally tailored and can be ordered to size. It’s non comparable and all down to preference.
- No bridal party comes with the exact same sizing. If you have some girls with curvier fits, you should check that the boutique stocks their size and has some samples in store for them to try on. There is nothing more deflating than one member feeling left out.
- Politics can be the death of what should be a lovely experience. Some may love and some may hate different looks you like. A few options here, it’s your big day and you are paying so ultimately your preference is the priority BUT if you are going to spend money, you want your squad to feel comfortable in what they are wearing. Luckily, many brands offer various styles in the same colour so you could retain the colour you love but adapt based on what each girl feels most comfortable in.
- If you are struggling with consensus, you can either go all bridezilla on everyone BUT, mismatched bridesmaids is a thing and it looks so good so, to my earlier point, keep an open mind!
- Always ask what the order timelines are, some designers can take a few months so you need to make sure you are. in good time to order.
- In terms of best time to shop, many believe once you have your wedding dress selected, just get straight on it. A few bridal boutiques that I spoke to said 6-10 months is ideal (pending designer) but there are options for shorter lead times.
Here is a list of the boutiques stocking bridesmaids dresses right now:
Pamela Scott (You can see my try on! and my second try on!)
Memories Bridal Boutique (Cork & Dublin)
Covet Boudoir (also designs and makes)
Comments are closed