If you have ever been a bridesmaid or are right in the thick of it, you can relate to at least one of these bridesmaid
- The Cheerleader: We all need one of these when we are planning the wedding. Lets call a spade a spade, brides can be very focused on their wedding day. So much so that they have very little else to talk about. The cheerleader will listen to all the rants and the updates and celebrate the highs and lows with you. They pick you up when things go pear shaped and celebrate the highs. You want one of these in your bridal party!
- The Clip Board: There is always that friend you know (yes you Sharon!) that was born with a clip board and to-do list. Efficiency and organisation is their forte and they keep the show on the road. There is no issue that cannot be solved…..just add it to the agenda on the clip board and it will be resolved in due course.
- The Professional: You’ve seen the movie 27 Dresses….well this is who you are dealing with. They’ve done this so many times and they have a system. They know exactly what to do and can do the job in their sleep. Nothing phases them and they are always up for a laugh.
- The Previous Bride: This can be a good or bad thing. It can be good as they can give you so much advice and actually be of assistance. Then you could have the one that can’t help but tell you about how she did it better/cheaper or more efficiently….. shaatttt upppp!
- The Begrudger: For some they could have the one that really doesn’t want to be there. For whatever reason, they said yes as they don’t know how to say no and instead persists to drag their heels, moan about everything and bitch about everything.
- The Sloth: God love them, its not their fault…. they’re just lazy. They don’t know how to be a clip board, they are the polar opposite so hopefully you have a Clip Board Professional to make up for their short comings.
- The Party Animal: All aboard the fun bus. The party animal is looking for any excuse for a party. They will be the one that has the bubbly ready on the bus and will be the last to bed. You can guarantee that they will be drunk as a monkey for most of the wedding. They are the one that will help you let your hair down when all of the planning gets too stressful!
- The Pillar: This is the one that knows you best and knows exactly what you need. More than likely you have picked this person as your chief. They are your shoulder to cry on and keeps you on the right track. If you start to get out of hand with your bridezilla notions, she will pull you back to reality and keep you sane. You can rely on them for pretty much anything and is your rock of sense. She will keep you from losing the head at your other half or wedding suppliers.
- The Family: If you have sisters, more than likely you will ask them. The sister dynamic means that you will probably not get any special treatment! Your sister could be all of the above roles rolled in to one! You could also ask your partners sibling to be your bridesmaid and that could, of course, go either way.
- The Mé Féiner: We all know that you’re the bride and it’s your big day BUT there is another sheriff in town and it’s all about how the day goes for them. They are consumed with how the dress will look and refuse to get into anything that doesn’t meet the expectations of their special day…. I mean your big day!
No doubt you have carefully selected your perfect squad!
Comments are closed