Over the past few weeks I have been doing some really simple DIY wedding pieces just to show you that it doesn’t have to be over complicated and can be cost effective too.
Now that many of the DIY shops are back open, you can busy your days getting wedding ready.
My most recent piece is the DIY wedding photobooth. This is ideal if you have a venue that has a garden area including some trees. You can easily hang this by string and then add some props (provided we can share props with each other!). I had a plain frame at my own wedding and it went down a storm.
- Take a large frame and remove the backing and glass. Fold down the clasps at the back so that they cannot get caught or scrape people. I got my frame from IKEA (€18)
- I took an easter wreath wrap from Dunnes Stores but you can source various garlands around Christmas or from the IKEA flower market in store. You can even take real foliage or florals from your own garden but will need a good strong volume of them. The wreath I bought was €15.
- I have a pack of cable ties from my local hardwear shop €4
- I align the wreath with the frame and leave an opening along the bottom as you could choose to get a decal or write your names and the date on the frame.
- Once your wreath or florals are aligned, simply take a cable tie and wrap at the key points. Pull tight and snip the excess cable tie.
- Voila you have a very simple frame!
- You may want to get some props which you can across Amazon or Etsy
Comments are closed